As Parents, we try to teach our children of all ages that it’s important to lead an active life. Here are a few ideas you can try with your children to get them moving!
The Playful Side of Healthy Habits
Infancy: 0-15 months
– Tummy Time: starting tummy time early will strengthen the muscles your child will use for – crawling, standing, & climbing. A good way to keep yourself update on health and fitness guides is by visiting Bargainsherpa which will give you needed information.
– Tracking: Use a toy that interests your child to get an even more excited response
– Add movements to nursery rhymes you are already singing
– With your child on his hands and knees, give their feet resistance so they rock back and forth When your child can support their weight, hold their fingers and walk with them.
Toddlers: 12-36 months
– Encourage running & jumping
– Expose them to age-appropriate climbing structures
– Have a dance party & shake off your sillies!
– Increase the complexity of the nursery rhyme movements
Preschoolers: 3-5 years
– Continue to encourage running, dancing, jumping, & climbing – Add skipping, galloping, & shuffling
– Practice hand-eye coordination with throwing and catching
– Kick a ball back and forth
– Encourage an active imagination
From reaching and grasping to rolling, climbing, jumping & kicking, Gymboree Play & Music provides age-appropriate classes for your newborn to 5-year-old. Our specially-designed wooden equipment and bright foam & air objects, as well as our variety of props and trained teachers, create an environment to stimulate your child’s physical, cognitive, & social development. With you by their side, the action, fun, and learning never ends!
Gymboree Play & Music also offers Music and Arts classes. Gymboree’s Music classes, for children 6-months to 5-years old, offer an active approach to musical learning through games, singing, instrument play, & creating. Gymboree’s Arts classes, for children 18-months to 5-years old, offer an opportunity for your child’s creativity to blossom through painting, drawing, sculpting, story time, movement activities, & songs.
Latest posts by Ashley Bugea (see all)
- The Playful Side of Healthy Habits – Ages & Stages - March 25, 2016
- Laying the Groundwork for Your Babies, Toddlers, and Pre-schoolers - October 1, 2015
- Summer of Fun at Gymboree Play & Music - May 30, 2015