I think it’s safe to say that we’re all longing for cooler weather and a change of seasons. There is plenty to do in and around Baton Rouge during the fall season and we have your complete guide to fall events and happenings. Whether you’re looking for a pumpkin patch, fall festival, hay rides, or a corn maze to visit, there’s the cornucopia of Baton Rouge fall events this year. If you have something to add, please leave it in the comments!
This year we decided to include events and activities taking place in Baton Rouge and beyond. We’re sharing events within a 60 mile radius of Baton Rouge. Be sure to check out our comprehensive list of Fall activities on Facebook as well. We put together a similar event page for summer activities and events and it was incredibly useful and turned into a great resource to go to throughout the summer. We have done it again for fall and all you have to do is join the event, share with your friends and watch for new fall activities to be listed daily!
While every effort has been made to ensure this information is accurate, we encourage you to contact the patch directly to verify that all details are correct and have not changed. If you have information on a Pumpkin Patch that we missed, please leave info in the comments below. Thank you!
We’re starting off with a Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze guide, tomorrow we will post Fall Activities and Festivals.
Baton Rouge Area Pumpkin Patch Locations
- NewSong On Old Perkins Rd – pumpkin patch- already gathered from the field, tractor-pulled hay rides
18465 Old Perkins Rd, Prairieville, LA 70769. Phone: 225-313-6736. Alternate Phone: 225-978-8882. Open: Monday to Friday, from 2 pm to 6 pm, Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm; October 8 to October 31. Directions: Close to Blue Bayou Water Park.
East Baton Rouge Parish
- Blackwater United Methodist Church – Blackwater United Methodist’s Pumpkin Patch.
Open: Pumpkin Patch October 5 – 30, 2014; Pumpkin Patch Hours: Monday – Friday 9 am – 12 pm/3 pm – 7pm; Saturday 9 am – 5 pm and Sunday 1 pm – 5 pm; Saturday “FUN” days is a host of games in the gym on Saturday October 10th, 17th, and 24th; Touch-a-Truck – October 17, 2015; Craft Show – October 24, 2015; Trunk-or-Treat – October 25, 2014 (see their website for hours)
- LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens – pumpkins for sale in the shop or farmstand, Fall festival, corn maze, kiddie (mini) corn maze, tractor-pulled hay rides, Honey from hives on the farm, gift shop, concessions / refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, petting zoo, farm animals, birthday parties, weddings and wedding parties, school tours, group reservations, events at your location (call for info) 4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70809. Phone: 225-763-3990
- Jefferson United Methodist Church – The Pumpkin Patch is the largest mission project at JUMC. All net proceeds are distributed to local missions, plus help fund our youth mission trip. Last year we were able to donate thousands of dollars – all because of the volunteers willing to work the patch. Plus, with the Kick-Off event new people can experience JUMC. Opens Oct.1-th Call for details!
- Trinity Lutheran Pumpkin Patch – Opens in October call for details 10925 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Mrs. Heather’s Pumpkin and Strawberry Patch – Pick a Pumpkin from the field – Zip line, Jumping Pillow, Tunnel Slide, Face Painting, Duck Racing, Pedal Tractors, See Cotton, Growing, Hay Maze Milk a Cow Roll Down the Hill Catch Mrs. Heather telling how pumpkins grow Merry go round Play Horse Shoes Nature Trail Lots of places to take pictures Weigh & Measure your pumpkin, Bring a Picnic Lunch, Paint a pumpkin (weekend only) Schedule: OPENS Monday – Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm Sat – Sun 10:00am – 5:00pm September 23 – November 8 Admission: Kids (newborn & up): $7 per child Adults: Free Birthday Parties: $100 (up to 10 children) $7 (per child after that)31458 La 43 Hwy, Albany, LA 70711. Phone: 225-567-3493
East Feliciana Parish
- Barn Hill Preserve – Sept 30th through Nov. 2nd. 225) – 286 – 3003 11342 LA-955, Ethel, LA 70730
Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze Guide – Baton Rouge
- LSU AgCenter Corn Maze – Hike the corn maze, Play on the hay mountain, Paint a pumpkin, toss a water balloon, see the Red Barn animals, or take the hayride through the fields. The corn maze pumpkin patch runs on September 27-28 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Also on October 4, 11, and 18 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The night maze is open on October 25th from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The LSU Rural Life Museum cost is $9. The corn maze is a separate additional $5 attraction. The fun is located at 4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Cajun Country Corn – Open Friday through Sunday the last weekend in September until late November. Cajun Country Corn has been farming food and fiber for over 30 years. They started their corn maze in 2000 and have been doing it ever since. Past themes have featured All Aboard Riverboat (2014), Mr. Troy Landry of Swamp People (2013), Louisiana – Stirring it up for 200 years (2012) and Girl Scouts (2011). In addition to the regular maze, they open up a portion of the maze on Friday and Saturday nights for haunting. Other spooky attractions include the haunted trail, board maze and zombie paintball. You can also enjoy the pumpkin blaster, corn cannon and other farm attractions while you are there. Pine Grove, LA – 7 Acres
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our Fall Activities and Festivals guide!