Looking for Gluten Free desserts or sides for this Thanksgiving? The Baton Rouge area has a huge selection!
1321 W Pinhook Rd, Lafayette, LA
Bibi’s is a dedicated gluten free bakery located in Lafayette, perfect if you have house guests looking to make a day trip. This season they’ll have all their usual favorites, plus some special treats for the holiday. Look for their Thanksgiving sides and salads, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, praline cupcakes and cream puffs.
4321 Perkins, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808
Baton Rouge’s only dedicated gluten free bakery and deli will have your favorite Thanksgiving sides, stuffing, and pies (including sugar free apple pie) and dinner rolls.
Room for Dessert
9618 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
New in Baton Rouge, Room for Dessert has dedicated half of their bakery, including the equipment, to baking gluten free treats. This week you can order pies! Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Lemon Icebox, Apple and Key Lime. They also have Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Cheesecake. A note, not all of Room for Dessert’s products are gluten free, so double check before you purchase.
7529 Corporate Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA
Whole Foods has a whole line of in-house gluten free products made in a dedicated facility. Our favorite company friendly dessert is the Gluten Free Cherry Pie. (And we might occasionally pick one up even when we don’t have company.)
3525 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
I was so happy to see that Trader Joe’s brand of Turkey Gravy is gluten free. They also have frozen vegetables, including baked and mashed sweet potatoes, to make your meal preparation easier. They also sell gluten free fully cooked Whole Roasted Turkeys.
You can find Trader Joe’s list of gluten free products HERE and this week’s gluten free “fearless flyer” HERE
Maple Bourbon Green Beans
A flavorful Thanksgiving Side
Write a review
- 4 cups Green Beans
- 1 cup Pearl Onions, halved
- 2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or Jack Daniels
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional, for topping)
- Steam green beans for about 3 minutes, remove from heat and rinse with cool water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, add onions and sautee about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until both mushrooms and onions are tender.
- Add bourbon and maple syrup.
- Gently mix green beans into the skillet to fully coat with glaze and heat through.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with bacon.
Baton Rouge Moms http://batonrougemoms.com/