Never could I have imagined the reality of a growing boys escalating appetite until I was faced with feeding two teens and two preteens. We are officially in that season where our boys are eating us out of house and home, proclaiming that they are hungry 20 minutes after their last meal. I’m always in search of quick, protein packed meals and healthy high protein snacks. My boys are active, with high metabolisms, they need the protein and healthy carbs to sustain them while fiber keeps them feeling full. This summer, I concocted the perfect, boy approved, picnic potato salad with the perfect potatoes.
Tasteful Selections potatoes have a very unique flavor, the ruby sensation potatoes are sweet with a creamy texture and tender skins. The bite size potatoes make the perfect option for kids and they’re mom friendly too. They are easy to eat and easy to cook as they are pre-washed and have an especially fast cook time. My picnic potato salad was not only easy to make but quick, allowing me to spend less time in the kitchen while still making a healthy, robust meal for my family. This is how Tasteful Selections is helping moms in the kitchen reclaim time to enjoy more family moments, rescued moments! As moms, we often feel guilty when work, house chores, and or cooking take us away from the family. I popped the potatoes in the oven for twenty minutes while I prepped the rest of the ingredients and just like that I prepared a twenty minute meal. And save the leftovers for a future meal I could just heat in a microwave or other appliance since I had many I got from reading at sites like Zozanga.com and others.
Sweet & Savory Picnic Potato Salad Recipe
- • 24 oz. Tasteful Selections™ Ruby Sensation potatoes, cut in half
- • 1½ cups of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- • 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts or dip, drained and chopped
- • 2 small Honeycrisp Apples, diced
- • 1/4 lb. hard Salami or pancetta, chopped
- • 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- • 4 green onions
- • 1⁄4 cup chives, minced
- • black pepper
- • sea salt
- • vinaigrette dressing of your choice
- • Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- • Cut your Ruby Sensation potatoes in half, toss in a Ziploc bag with your vinaigrette of choice. Line your cookie sheet with nonstick foil, place potatoes face down on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 425.
- • Toss the asparagus with a tablespoon of oil and lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes until the asparagus is tender but still slightly crispy.
- • Allow the potatoes and asparagus to cool completely. While they are baking and cooling, chop your artichokes, apples, green onions and chives.
- • Gently toss together all ingredients except chives and drizzle with a ¼ cup of your favorite vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Top with chives.
- • Serve warm or at room temperature.
Whether you’re cooking for the family or serving your favorite guests, you want to “Make Every Meal Simply Amazing,” the kind of meal people will talk about long after the plates have been cleared.
To learn more about Tasteful Selections simply amazing potatoes, or to find cooking and kitchen tips and hacks and a plethora of quick and easy recipes be sure to visit http://www.tastefulselections.com/rescuedmoments/
With all the amazing time saving tips and recipes that Tasteful Selections has to offer, there may just be one thing that will really save you time–an updated kitchen! Enter to win the #RescuedMoments Sweepstakes for your chance to win a kitchen makeover that is sure to Rescue your Moments.