We love everything about this salad, and this is a perfect time of year for for it, with strawberries just coming into season. This salad makes a beautiful presentation with the various color of the spring greens, strawberries, and feta. It’s also a delight for the palate with the sweet and savory flavors of the feta and the strawberries.
Hooked On Re:’s new Greek Vinaigrette is bright and vibrant with lemon and white wine vinegar, and really compliments the flavors in this salad.
Also, most of the ingredients can be found at the farmers market right now. There is an abundance of beautiful fresh lettuces at the local farmers markets, however with strawberries, it’s still a little early in the season, so you have to get to the market early to pick up strawberries before they are gone. At the Baton Rouge Farmers Market, Rocking R Dairy has an amazing feta cheese, and Hooked On Re: is there most weekends with their original Re: Garlicky Vinaigrette Dressing & Marinade and their brand new Re: Greek Vinaigrette.
Strawberry & Feta Salad with Re: Greek Vinaigrette
- 3 cups fresh spring greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios (or substitute: almonds, sunflower seeds, or pecans)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Re: Greek Vinaigrette Dressing & Marinade - about 1/2 cup
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spring greens, sliced strawberries, and pistachios. Drizzle with Re: Greek Vinaigrette Dressing, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, and serve immediately.
Hooked on Re: LLC, a local company known for their wildly popular Garlicky Vinaigrette Salad Dressing & Marinade packaged in a beer bottle, is set to release their second flavor, Greek Vinaigrette, to local stores in February 2015.
Hooked on Re: LLC was founded in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, out of the company’s love of friends, food, and fresh ingredients. With production beginning in October 2012, the company continues to produce at the LSU AgCenter’s Food Incubator and currently have their Garlicky Vinaigrette flavor in over 80 stores in the Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lafayette areas.
The new Greek Vinaigrette introduces herbs, lemon juice, and white wine vinegar into their garlic flavor profile. Because of the versatility, it provides another opportunity to invent (or Re:invent) your meal. It is perfect on a green salad as well as a great pairing with anything from seafood to seasonal vegetables. It is bright, fresh and delicious!
Look for it on your local store’s shelves soon and get hooked!
Latest posts by Guest Contributor (see all)
- Holiday Themed Sensory Activities for Children - November 20, 2018
- Simple Steps To Pamper Mom This Mother’s Day – Holly Clegg - May 10, 2018
- Autism Awareness is Your Responsibility, Not Mine - April 16, 2018