Fall is in full swing, and the holidays are beckoning. In our home, there is no more highly anticipated (and delicious) holiday task than baking cookies.
My boys love nothing more than to eat raw cookie dough. A couple of years ago a friend introduced me to a delicious, egg-less cookie dough recipe that is completely SAFE to eat RAW! This simple sugar cookie dough recipe has since become a family favorite. This recipe is especially good if you have children that are allergic to eggs. You can use this recipe for cookie cutter cookies, Santa whiskers, chocolate chip cookies, thumb prints, just about any recipe that calls for shortbread or sugar cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened (2 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, preferably with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla, beat again and scrape bowl. With mixer on low speed, add flour one cup at a time and beat after each addition. Shape into logs approximately 2" in diameter. Roll the logs in parchment paper or plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat liner and give them a light spray with vegetable shortening. Unwrap logs and slice into 1/4" thick slices or roll out to cut out shapes. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until very light brown and the sides are slightly firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack. Cool completely before storing in air tight containers.
- This recipe is perfect to make with the kiddos; after the dough has been chilled it makes great cookie cutter cookies for decorating. These cookies will keep well in an airtight container, making them a great homemade gift.
Latest posts by Tiany Davis (see all)
- Brew at the Zoo – Food Tasting, Beer Tasting, Live Music & More - September 1, 2019
- BREC’s Extreme Sports Park – BMX Clinics for all levels! - August 30, 2019
- Six Reasons to Visit the Louisiana Children’s Museum in City Park - August 26, 2019