Tis’ the season to get into the holiday spirit! We are RACKing up Random Acts of Christmas Kindness this season and we would love for you to join us! We are spreading the joy of the holidays by performing a Random Act of Christmas Kindness each day throughout the month of December. This is the perfect way to enjoy the true reason for the season… family, togetherness, loving and giving!
The best part of taking part in even the smallest act of kindness and or giving is that generosity and kindness are contagious!
Goodness spurs goodness: A single act can influence dozens more.
Please join us for our 1st Annual RACK! We are showering the Baton Rouge community with Christmas Kindness all month long!
RACK – Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
What is RACK and how does it work?
It’s a way to infuse holiday spirit in others by performing a Random Act of Christmas Kindness throughout the month of December! Many do a RACK a day for 25 days leading up to Christmas, an advent of sorts. However, we are asking you to join us in doing what you can, when you can, however big, however small. Be creative and lead with your heart! Most importantly, get the whole family involved!
We want to hear stories about these Random Acts of Christmas Kindness! Share your RACK experience with us on our Facebook page where we will be sharing and highlighting ways to bless the Baton Rouge community with a daily RACK! Every day leading up to Christmas we will post more ideas and share your ideas or RACK anonymously.
We have created printable RACK cards in different sizes, simply print and attach to your RACK. They are plain cards that do not read BRM, no promotion here, just genuine giving. There are many ways to offer a RACK, we have put together an extensive list of ideas as well as a calendar if you want to follow a list of acts.
RACK – Random Acts of Christmas Kindness Ideas:
- Pay it Backward!- Pay for the car or person behind you in line at CC’s, Starbucks or a fast food restaurant.
- Rake the yard of a neighbor who isn’t able to rake it themselves.
- Give the gift of sleep. Volunteer to babysit for a particularly sleep-deprived mama.
- Bless your garbage collectors with a treat or small gift card for lunch.
- Have your children make the mail man or lady a Thank You card or poster with treats taped to it.
- Tape coins on vending machines for snacks, or sodas. The hospital would be a great place for this!
- Tape single dollars to items at the dollar store. (plus a dime for tax)
- RACK a Red Box by leaving a dollar or two and some popcorn or a candy cane.
- Candy canes taped to random places with inspiring RACK tags.
- Donate items to the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank
- Get your playgroup or women’s group together to pack toiletry or snack bags for Volunteers of America Greater Baton Rouge homeless shelters.
- Donate a coat to Pat’s Coats for Kids.
- Bake treats and take them to the police station and or fire station with thank you cards for their service.
- Take a break from texting and e-mail. Mail an actual handwritten letter or card to someone you love. Just because.
- Visit an assisted living home to hand out treats, artwork from your children, read holiday books, or sing a few Christmas carols. Coordinate with your local nursing or retirement home first.
- Take get well balloons or flowers to the hospital and leave them with a nurse for someone who is alone.
- Fill a Good Samaritans Christmas Box
- Tape quarters to laundromat machines.
- Leave a basket of Christmas gifts on doorstep of family in need
- Leave a $5 bill on the pump at a gas station.
- Bring treats to your local urgent care office on Christmas Eve.
- Cook a meal and deliver it to someone who could use a meal. Someone who is sick, a new family in the neighborhood or at church, a new mom.
- Take a person who’s working on Christmas Eve something special
- Drop off books to give to patients at the OLOL Children’s Hospital
- Drop off a coffee and a treat to a busy mom.
- Bring a gift to Santa.
- ‘Ding dong ditch’ your neighbors with fresh-baked goods.
- Before paying at the grocery store, buy a gift card, and then turn around and hand it to the person behind you.
- Leave an extra big tip at a restaurant.
- Donate to the local animal shelter. Contact a local animal shelter to find out what they need. (food, blankets, towels, and food bowls, etc.)
- Put something you no longer need on Craigslist’s FREE section.
Here’s a wonderful Christmas Countdown Kindness Calendar from SheLivesFree.com…
Rack Tag printables…
A RACK Advent calendar can be found here.
More cards and tags can be found here.
It’s our responsibility to discuss gratefulness, generosity, unselfishness and service not just during the holidays but year-round. We are our children’s greatest role models — we should start early to mold our children’s perspectives on the holiday season. May we create such treasured memories of family time and togetherness, and the joy of giving, that our children will hold on to these memories for a lifetime and pass them on to their own children.
If we missed a great RACK idea, please leave it in the comments below!
Wishing each of you a blessed Christmas Season full of RACK!
Baton Rouge Moms
Latest posts by Baton Rouge Moms (see all)
- Picture People – Special Father’s Day Offer for Baton Rouge Moms - June 7, 2019
- New Louisiana Child Safety Seat Laws Coming in August - May 29, 2019
- GymFit Adventure & Fitness Camp – One Week Giveaway - May 28, 2019