We have yet to ring in 2017 but King Cake season is just days away! It’s time to celebrate new beginnings and count down to more fun! We’re sure you’ve noticed that King Cakes are popping up at your favorite local markets and bakeries are taking orders so we thought it best to kick off our 2017 guide to King Cakes in Baton Rouge.
On the Christian calendar, the 12th day after Christmas is celebrated as the date that the gift-bearing Magi visited the baby Jesus. This day, January 6, is known by several names, including “Epiphany”, “Twelfth Night”, or “Kings Day”. The King Cake is a traditional reenactment of Epiphany, the day the Magi arrived in Bethlehem and presented gifts to baby Jesus the twelfth night after his birth. “Epiphany cakes” are found throughout Europe–in England, it is known as a Twelfth Night cake, Roscón de reyes or rosca de reyes (kings’ ring) is a Spanish and Latin American King Cake pastry and in France, the King Cake is known as the Gteau De Rois. All very similar and all delicious!
There are numerous places to get King Cakes in Baton Rouge and a plethora of flavors to choose from… Traditional, Cream-cheese, Chocolate, Praline, Strawberry, Apple, Raspberry to Bacon, Boudin and Maple! Below we’ve listed 25 places to get your King Cake fix in Baton Rouge and beyond. Check back at the end of the week to see the top 5 from the list via our Facebook poll!
Your guide to King Cakes in Baton Rouge and Beyond:
- Alexander’s – 18111 Highland Market Drive – Phone: 615-7800
- Ambrosia Bakery – 8546 Siegen Lane – Phone: 763-6489
- Another Piece of Cake – 14112 Greenwell Springs Rd. Central, LA Phone: 810-3377
- Baums – Florida Blvd Location 8046 Florida Blvd. Phone: 927-0760 – Perkins Road Location 10550 Perkins Rd. Phone: 767-4838
- Brew Ha Ha – 711 Jefferson Hwy Suite 2-A – Phone: 923-1923
- Cake Jewels – King Cake Balls – Phone: 337-0253
- Calandro’s – Government Street: 383-7815 • Perkins Road: 767-6659
- Cupcake Allie – 753 Perkins Road, Suite #6 Phone: 302-7096
- Daily Donut – Gonzales– 12503 Airline Hwy
- Dawn’s Sweet Tooth – 13623 Hooper Rd Ste A Central, Louisiana (225) 261-0090
- Gambino’s– 8646 Goodwood Blvd – Phone: 928-7000
- Gourmet Girls– 3025 Perkins Rd – Phone: 252-0999
- LeBlanc’s (Now Rouses}– 8 locations in Louisiana
- Les Amis Bake Shoppe – 11826 Coursey Blvd – Phone: 293-8115
- Mr. Ronnies– 216 Lee Dr, Ste D Phone: 223-6116
- My Sugar Belle– 5151 Plank Rd, Ste 42 Phone: 355-8080
- Nanette Mayhall Phone: 343-4530.
- Navarre’s Famous King Cakes – 31545 Highway 22 Springfield, Louisiana (225) 294-3438
- NY Bagel– 8342 Perkins Rd – Phone: 218-6070
- Oak Point Fresh Market – Watson and Central locations
- Ralphs– 15013 Hwy 44 Gonzales – 622-4044 – 6431 Hwy 44 (Pelican Point) Gonzales – 473-1004
- Randazzos– You can get your Baton Rouge Randazzo’s at Carnival Mart off Florida BLVD and at Capital City Crawfish!
- Rouses – Many locations (225) 448-0050
- Strands Cafe– 226 LAUREL ST.- Phone: 344-5346
- Thee Heavenly Donut– 17732 Highland Rd – 753.7711 5830 – S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. – 368.0090 – 15507 Hwy 44 Gonzales – 622.7797
- Tiger Deaux-Nuts– 5162 Government St Phone: 421-1091
These are not the only places to find King Cake in the Baton Rouge area but this is a great start! If we have missed one of your favorites, please let us know. Check our Facebook page for King Cake giveaways and be sure to check back for our Mardi Gras Parade Guide, tomorrow!
Baton Rouge Moms
Latest posts by Baton Rouge Moms (see all)
- Baton Rouge Garden Fest 2017 – A Family Friendly Day of Fun - May 19, 2017
- Lumcon Meet the Fleet Baton Rouge Family Friendly Event - May 2, 2017
- Gourmet in the Garden 2017- Baton Rouge – Ticket Giveaway - April 1, 2017