We’ve partnered with Red Stick Spice Co. to bring you some delicious and unique recipes for our “Menu Mondays.” Today, Red Stick Spice is sharing a tasty “Meatless Monday” recipe. First, if you’re not familiar with locally owned Red Stick Spice Co. and its robust collection of gourmet spices, herbs and oils, we’d like to introduce you to this Baton Rouge gem and its owner, Anne, with this short video…
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
This recipe has made its rounds through the blogosphere and appears often in Facebook feeds and Pinterest boards. With that much buzz, we thought we’d give it a try! And we’re glad we did. This is a tasty gluten and grain-free dish that’s fun to put together. It’s an excellent choice for Meatless Monday…or any day! You’ll be amazed by the results! This recipe makes two large 12-14 inch pizzas or three smaller pizzas. Let the kids get involved and allow them to build their own pizza! Be sure to stop by Red Stick Spice and try the vegetable and pizza seasoning and stop by the website for their homemade pizza sauce recipe!
- 1 head cauliflower - best if fresh, frozen will carry extra moisture.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbl Vegetable and Pizza Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Toppings: Pizza Sauce, Mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach, red onion, mushrooms and other other toppings of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment. Spray the parchment with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil. Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until its finely chopped into grains. It should be chopped very small. Add all the other crust ingredients and stir to combine. Divide and form into two or three "dough" balls. Press a portion into a circle in a baking sheet or pizza stone. Crust should be about 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove from the oven and wait a few minutes until it's cooled enough to handle, then flip. Bake for about five minutes longer--just enough to brown the crust and dry any moisture that's accumulated. Remember, this dough is made from a vegetable that contains water. So there may be moisture.
- Spread jarred pizza sauce (or try our Pizza Sauce recipe) and the toppings of your choice over the top of the crust. Top with Mozzarella cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Until next Monday, Bon appétit!
Latest posts by Guest Contributor (see all)
- Holiday Themed Sensory Activities for Children - November 20, 2018
- Simple Steps To Pamper Mom This Mother’s Day – Holly Clegg - May 10, 2018
- Autism Awareness is Your Responsibility, Not Mine - April 16, 2018