The holidays may have ended for some, but Louisiana continues to celebrate with Mardi Gras! King Cake truly is the demise of many New Year’s resolutions, but how can we resist this buttery danish pastry, sweetened with dusted sugar, icing and a plethora of flavored fillings? Not us! Here are the top 5 King Cakes in Baton Rouge according to YOU, Baton Rouge moms! Enjoy this trail of delicious King Cakes, try them all to decide the best for yourself.
Top 5 Baton Rouge King Cakes:
- Thee Heavenly Donut – Home of the BOUDIN kingcake and Pecan praline, Banana Foster, Turtle, LA Cajun Mud, Strawberry and famous Fried King Cakes! Welcome to THEE HEAVENLY Donut’s mission is to offer the Best, Freshest (made daily), Handmade Donuts, Kolaches, King Cakes, Cupcakes and Specialty Cakes– all year round. Owners Kara and Shane Castille have a passion for Great Customer Service and treating their customers like family. Their products are like no other in the greater Baton Rouge area and truly believe in the quality and deliciousness of these products.
- Randazzo’s King Cake – Your source for the original Randazzo family mardi gras king cake. You can get your Baton Rouge Randazzo’s at Carnival Mart off Florida BLVD and at Capital City Crawfish! Every cake is “hand-braided” and baked fresh daily. Their traditional King Cake is cinnamon flavored, colored with Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and gold, iced with our just made icing and festively decorated with candy non-pariels. Each cake contains a baby. king Cakes are complemented by Cream Cheese, Strawberry Cream Cheese and Pecan Praline. They pump the filling into the braids of the cake before it is baked.
8696 Florline Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Ambrosia – There are many options when it comes to The Ambrosia King Cake! The Traditional King Cake (shown here for an “In-Store Pickup”) has cinnamon and sugar inside of our family secret King Cake dough. Purchase a “Mardi Gras King Cake Kit” and take your King Cake home for the kids to decorate and have a Mardi Gras Party!
- Ralph’s Market -A locally owned business, Ralph’s Market wants the best for our families and yours. That’s why we always offer a large selection of fresh, high quality products that includes many grown right here in Louisiana! We‘d love to serve you at any of our three convenient and friendly locations in Gonzales, at Pelican Point, and on Jones’ Creek in Baton Rouge.
- Gambino’s – In New Orleans and around the world, Gambino’s Bakery is a household tradition that offers over sixty five years of experience with delicious baked goods.
Rouses – Rouses oval-shaped king cakes are made with our exclusive gourmet cinnamon dough, iced, and sprinkled with decorative sugars in the carnival colors of purple (for justice), green (for faith), and gold (for power). Your choice of traditional or one of our tasty fillings.
Calandro’s King Cake– With over 50 flavors, you’re sure to find the perfect King Cake at Calandro’s, learn more in the video below!
LeBlanc’s – Said to have bigger cakes with more filling, you can get your fresh Kings Cakes at all LeBlanc’s stores or have them shipped!
Be sure to check out our complete Mardi Gras Guide with parade schedule, full list of King Cake locations, Mardi Gras tips for the family and more!