While tennis might not be as popular as sports like baseball or football, it remains a great option for young athletes. As a parent trying to decide which sports will benefit your children the most, be sure to consider tennis as an option. Enrolling your child in tennis will not only expose them to a great sport now but could also lead to a lifelong passion for this popular game. BREC Tennis lessons are the perfect way to introduce your child to the sport that many call the sport of a lifetime! Following are ten benefits of choosing tennis as one of your child’s sports.
Top 10 Developmental Benefits of BREC Tennis For Kids
- Bone Strength. Playing tennis regularly strengthens the bones of young players and has been proven to help prevent osteoporosis later on in life. Thus the reason why Tennis is often called the sport of a lifetime.
- Hand-Eye Coordination.
- Aerobic and Cardiovascular Exercise.
- Gross Motor Coordination.
- Fine Motor Coordination.
There are numerous options to get your kids involved in Tennis at BREC, including Spring Break Camp and Summer Camp!
Easter Junior BREC Tennis Camp (Ages 4-17) Monday-Friday, April 22-26. Full day from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Half day from 9-11:30 a.m. Full-day campers must bring their own lunch. Registration Deadline: Saturday, April 20. $10 late fee after registration deadline.
National Junior BREC Tennis League (NJTL) Program (Ages 8-17) Six-week program to introduce the game of tennis to children. June 10-July 19. Morning session is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8-9:30 a.m. Evening sessions are Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-7:30 p.m. and 7:30-9 p.m. (intermediate players only for 7:30-9 p.m. session).
Learn more about each program and register: http://bit.ly/BRECTennisLessons
Baton Rouge Moms
Latest posts by Baton Rouge Moms (see all)
- Boo at the Zoo – Halloween Fun at BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo - October 10, 2019
- Baton Rouge Halloween Parade: Fifolet Festival & Fun Run - October 9, 2019
- Swamp Haunted Hikes – BREC’s Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center - October 6, 2019